- 734 psi = 1kN as shown on the gauges outer black calibration
- 1534 psi = 2kN as shown on the gauge’s outer black calibration
- 2204 psi = 3kN as shown on the gauge’s outer black calibration
- 2842 psi = 4kN as shown on the gauge’s outer black calibration
- 3463 psi = 5kN as shown on the gauge’s outer black calibration
- 3681 psi = 10kN as shown on the gauge’s inner red calibration
DATA LOGGER / Basic Operation & Data Retrieval (when fitted)
This unit is plumbed into the hydraulic system and monitors the system pressure. It is located inside the control cabinet on the opposite side to the 12v battery. The unit is supplied with software which requires installing on (ideally) a laptop for ease of downloading files from the Data Logger via the USB access socket on the dash of the winch. The data is recorded in PSI (pounds per square inch)
- Its operation can be configured with the aid of the software however it has been factory set to commence recording as soon as the pressure exceeds 500 psi.
- The frequency of recording can also be configured however it has been factory set to monitor operating pressures every 60 seconds – reports become very large when set to shorter periods i.e. right down to every second.
- There is no need to have the laptop connected during hauling operations, the unit will automatically commence recording any time the winch is in use but will only monitor hauling tensions above 500 psi.
- To download the data simply open up the software, plug in the USB lead supplied (note this lead has a male plug on both ends), wait momentarily and the data logger will show up as being connected. You can then generate a report in a number of different formats directly within this software or by using the EXPORT TO EXCEL icon found in the upper right-hand corner of the screen which enables you to export the data in csv. file format straight into Microsoft Excel, you can then generate pie graphs, bar charts or what ever you require.
- Full and detailed documentation can be obtained online at https://www.instrumentchoice.com.au/_literature_138335/Brochure_PRTemp1000_with_Specifications . It is highly recommended to thoroughly read the instructions to gain a well informed knowledge of the Data Loggers software operation.
- The reports will show a vertical scale of temperature on the left, a time recorded record horizontally along the bottom and a vertical scale of pressure on the right-hand side. The layout can be customized and the temperature can be flagged not to show.
- As all the data is recorded in “pounds per square inch” you will require the following conversion chart to cross reference this to kN (kilonewtons). Due to the mechanical nature of the winches design the psi to kN readings are not on a linear scale.